Extensive and efficient, our Base Maintenance facilities comprise of 9 hangars in 2 main locations - Singapore and Philippines. In Singapore, our 6 hangars, including 1 dedicated paint hangar, boasts a combined total of 9 bays and total floor area of 56,000 square metres. At SIA Engineering Philippines, our off-shore base in Clark is equipped with 3 hangars and 5 bays, ready to welcome both narrow-body and wide-body aircraft (SIA Engineering (Philippines) Corporation). With these facilities, we are able to provide comprehensive and integrated solutions to our growing portfolio of third party customers, in addition to airlines in the Singapore Airlines Group.
Supported by our team of professional and experienced engineers, with capability on current and new generation Airbus, Boeing and Embraer aircraft types, such as A320, A330, A350, A380, 737, 747, 777, 787 and E-Jets, we offer the following services:
- Scheduled 'A', 'B', 'C' and 'D' checks
- Major aircraft structural inspection and / or repair
- Major modification on the aircraft, engine and related systems
- Major aircraft defect rectification / major component change
- Corrosion prevention and control program
- In-Flight Entertainment and Communications systems retrofit
- Cabin interior outfitting, refurbishment and modifications
- Aircraft weighing
- Paint-stripping and painting of aircraft exteriors
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Aircraft preservation and parking
- Aircraft delease checks
With the commissioning of our dedicated paint hangar in 2012, SIAEC is able to provide services to strip and repaint aircraft exteriors within a controlled environment to ensure the highest paint standards.
In addition to the comprehensive aircraft maintenance capability, SIAEC’s dedicated and purpose-built paint hangar can accommodate Airbus and Boeing aircraft such as A350, A340, A330, A320, 737, 747, 777 and 787. The paint hangar is fully equipped with telescopic platforms, docking and air circulation system to ensure high quality painting and is fully enclosed using the MEGADOORTM system. Several of the high profile painting customers include Singapore Airlines, Qantas, and Dubai Air Wing (Kingdom of Dubai Royal fleet).
Radome Repair and Testing
SIAEC carries out comprehensive inspection, testing and repairs for your radomes. Our team of highly skilled technical specialists is committed to deliver high quality repairs and return the repaired radomes to service promptly. Read more.